A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and appears like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is due to the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the Agaricus Blazei Extract is an immune booster, an outstanding digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is actually a compressive list of Chaga mushroom proven health benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound inside the Chaga mushroom posseses an essential role in prevention and handling of cancer, according to research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the immune system to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting your body to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immune system through the production of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capacity to differentiate between foreign cells as well as the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy of the defense mechanisms in responding to invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays an important role in preventing allergic reactions by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; thus it cannot fight against its cells. In case reducing the likelihood of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity result from a serious allergic reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the immune system when needed and lower it when it is hypersensitive.
3. A powerful antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses as they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in lessening infection due to Hepatitis C. The extracts stop this process that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an essential step in fighting infection. A cup of Chaga tea is essential to fight the bacteria that could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation in the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Remember that, low antioxidant levels can lead to inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the results of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a crucial role in neutralising free radicles in your body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest level of antioxidant potency as compared to some other food. Our prime quantities of antioxidants are caused by our prime level of polyphenols inside the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, our prime levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive results of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, decrease the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of the reasons for ulcers is bacteria. Becoming a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that triggers ulcers in the intestinal tract reducing chances of ulcers. Besides, the extracts of the mushroom are crucial in reducing inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or perhaps a glass of tepid water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration inside the blood during an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides boost the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots in the veins; a condition called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly cause diseases such as cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the potential risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing bloodstream when in irritation. Such property is necessary in cases of pain or conditions such as neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose levels level by increasing insulin levels in the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of many reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance contributes to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the potential risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus reducing the surges in blood glucose, which would otherwise result in diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure and cholesterol – Betulinic acid can breakdown the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol within the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol in the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from bloodstream, along with eliminating clots from the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a wholesome blood pressure level.
11. Skin health – The massive levels of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, improves the skin’s health, which makes it supple and protecting your skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin works well.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is an excellent way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates producing bile, a necessary salt inside the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder 3 times a day, thirty minutes before food decbbe important for a proper gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of the toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sensation of stress – Chaga extracts are necessary in balancing hormones within the body. In the case of stress, our bodies releases stress hormones. The hormones are accountable for the feeling of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of such hormones, balances the functioning in the body, hence enables one to handle stress. Being a well-known adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, assistance to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It can so by improving the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the degree of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the degrees of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of an individual.