Using tap water to make baby formula may not be a sensible decision given the possible contaminants that can exist in tap water nowadays. If you are a parent, please read this short article in its entirety. I have some valuable information to mention. Are you mindful of just how vulnerable your child is?
1. Microbial Threats – Within the spring of 1993 a microscopic parasite called Cryptosporidium parvum was responsible for more than 100 deaths in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It arrived using the city’s water supply just because a water treatment plant neglected to filter it. Nowadays stricter regulations help to ensure that our h2o is monitored and treated efficiently before winding up at our taps.
However we need to not relax since there still are several waterborne bacteria that also cause illnesses. A list includes nontyphoid Salmonella, pathogenic Escherichia coli and Legionella. Are all still very active, Legionella grows vigorously in tepid water, such as in a shower where it can be inhaled from the steam.
2. Lead – Perhaps the most feared of all contaminants as a result of damage it can cause towards the brain. A newly released sampling of tap water in Washington D.C. exposed lead levels 5 times the EPA standard. The lead is probably ahead from the own household plumbing. This can happen should your house has lead pipes, or copper pipes soldered with lead and it also depends on the age of your property.
Actually the EPA advise that you just use cold water for cooking, drinking and especially to make baby formula. This is because your hot water is most likely to contain higher concentrations of lead. You happen to be at the greatest risk from any contact with lead if you are a young child or should you be pregnant
3. Chlorinated Solvents – Can you use the following, drain cleaners, shoe polish, waxes, oven cleaners? These contain chlorinated solvents, they are part of a chemical family that is certainly widely used in household and industrial processes. In 2006 examples of h2o in twelve states were examined and ten percent were contaminated with chlorinated solvents.
4. Chemical Contaminants – Over the years we have produced many synthetic organic chemicals like antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides to name but several. Most of these find their distance to our water supplies through various means, whether from illegal dumping of waste material or through the act of rain water. Once these wind up in our drinking water they posses a very real threat to our health.
Whenever they do end up in our water supply, according to the authorities they may be at “this type of low concentration which they do not pose any adverse health risk to consumers.” It appears very comforting, however I might ask have you thought about the long term being exposed to these low concentrations? A small degree of pollutant probably would not affect an adult, but what can it do in order to a kid?
5. Chlorine – Chlorine has been used inside our water supply for around 100 years now. It is actually still an invaluable and effective disinfectant, and it keeps working completely up to your tap. However chlorine does have an Achilles heel, water naturally contains organic matter so when this comes into exposure to chlorine the effect is disinfection by-products. These by-products can affect the healthiness of your central nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Your baby is incredibly susceptible to anyone these contaminants so it’s a smart idea to stop using tap water to make baby formula today. What you ought to do is obtain an effective water purifier. May I would recommend a combination of ixoqvx carbon filters, ion exchange, and sub micron filtration. This helps remove of practically all the contaminants contained in water. If possible, get yourself a whole house water system and be sure you utilize purified water for your baby’s needs. This way, you can make sure that your baby stays safe and healthy.